ESCI Assessment: Emotional and Social Competency Inventory
A proven system to identify and grow key talent
At Coaching Pacific we are accredited practitioners for ESCI (Emotional and Social Competency Inventory) and we are credentialed ICF coaches with expertise in feedback/coaching to enable change.
Using our understanding of Neuroscience, through Coaching we can explore your best options for how to develop your people in emotional and social intelligence behaviours – and enable success!
The ESCI Tool
The ESCI Assessment tool by Korn Ferry, is an online assessment tool that assesses and measures behaviours which people can change.
ESCI measures 12 competencies that set excellent performers apart and provides a 360° assessment of an employee’s emotional and social behaviour at work. It’s a “good to great” tool –intended for individuals, teams and organisations who truly want to shine and succeed.
Emotional and Social Intelligence Leadership Competencies
What is Emotional Intelligence?
Emotional Intelligence (EI) is the ability to manage our emotions and actions, and to skilfully interact with those around you. Crucially, these behaviours can be measured and unlike IQ, EI can be developed.
Emotional and Social intelligences enable us to bring out the best in ourselves and others and so produce outstanding organisational performance. People with strengths in emotional and social intelligence understand unspoken emotions and group dynamics. You build influence as you cultivate positive and powerful relationships.
People with deficits in any of the competencies of EI can lack the motivation and planning required to achieve aspirational goals or to lead others effectively.
EI identifies the competencies/behaviours that allow people to deliver results – as individuals and in teams:
- Motivating yourselves and your team members in addressing and resolving conflicts
- Influencing individuals and groups to work co-operatively or collaboratively
- Inspiring a team by developing or mentoring others
Why is Emotional Intelligence important?
“In a study of 300 top-level executives from 15 global companies, 85-90% of leadership success was linked to social and emotional intelligence.”
Source: Competency Assessment Methods: History and State of the Art, Lyle Spencer
What the ESCI Assessment measures
The 12 competencies account for the multifaceted nature of EI by including the person’s self-perceptions as well as the perspectives of people they work with.
- Measures the twelve competencies that deliver performance across many roles and levels
- Compares the individual’s self-view with the perceptions of a range of raters
- Describes each competency and explains the feedback data
- Offers suggestions and tips on how to use each competency effectively
- Benchmarks the feedback data against an international norm group.
Reference: Korn Ferry (2017), “Emotional and social competency inventory” Research Guide and Technical Manual.
Our ESCI Assessment options
We have a range of assessment options to suit your specific needs and budgets, which include:
- ESCI Assessment and Administration + Debrief (one hour) = $495 +GST
- ESCI Assessment and Administration + three Coaching Conversations plan to implement ESCI (one hour each) = $995 +GST
- ESCI Assessment and Administration + ESCI Leadership Success Coaching Series over 6 months (6 one hour coaching sessions) = $1,695 +GST
- Group/Team discounts are available
Want to know more or talk with a member of our team? Get in touch
If you would like to know more about our ESCI/Emotional Intelligence Assessment and how it could improve the performance of your people and organisation, please contact us via the form below and we will get back to you shortly and will also send you a copy of our ESCI brochure.